Transient and Non-Degree
An undergraduate student attending another regionally-accredited institution (other than a Florida public institution: please see note below), who desires to enroll for one term at UCF, may be considered for admission as a transient student. Such enrollment terminates at the end of one term and does not presuppose regular admission to the University. A transient student must:
- Submit the Application for Undergraduate Admission by the appropriate application deadline
- Submit an official transcript from the last school attended
- Have a minimum 2.0 GPA from the last school attended
Transient students are not eligible to receive financial aid. Registration is permitted on a space-available basis, and meeting minimum GPA requirements does not guarantee admission.
Note: Transient applicants whose last school of attendance is a Florida public community college, state college or university, must apply through Florida Virtual Campus.
An undergraduate student who wishes to attend UCF, is not working toward a degree, and has not already earned a bachelor degree, must apply to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions as a non-degree seeking student. Non-degree seeking applicants must follow the same application procedure and must meet the same admission requirements as transfer applicants.
Non-degree seeking students are not eligible to receive financial aid. Registration is permitted on a space-available basis, and meeting minimum GPA requirements does not guarantee admission. Non-degree seeking applicants that have already completed a bachelor’s degree need to contact the College of Graduate Studies.
- Your application as a non-degree seeking student will not be reviewed until official SAT or ACT score reports (if applicable), all official high school or college transcripts, and all official AICE, AP, CLEP and IB score reports (if applicable) have been received.
- Satisfying minimum requirements does not guarantee admission to UCF.
- Florida BOG Regulation 6.001 (7) authorizes universities to refuse admission to applicants due to past misconduct.