Cost and Aid
Cost and Aid
Click here to view a breakdown of our current tuition and fee schedule.
If you need financial aid and you qualify—75 percent of all UCF students do—the combination of financial aid plus scholarship funds can have a profound impact on your future success in and after college. Learn more by visiting the Office of Student Financial Assistance’s website.
Start your scholarship search.
Seek out and apply for scholarships during your senior year of high school or during the months before you transfer to UCF from another college.
Here are some of the awards available.
Freshman Pegasus Awards
If you’re applying as a high school student for the summer or fall semester, you will automatically be considered for a UCF Pegasus Scholarship or other admission award. The selection process is competitive, as fewer than 25 percent of our students receive an offer. If we offer you a scholarship, we will contact you by mail and through your myUCF account.
One of our most prestigious scholarships, the Provost Award is offered to Florida residents with outstanding academic credentials. Awarded to less than 10 percent of the entering freshman class, this award also includes priority consideration for admission to The Burnett Honors College upon completion of the Honors application.
National Merit and National Hispanic Awards
Transfer Scholarship Awards
If you are applying with an A.A. degree from a Florida public community/state college, you may be eligible to apply for a UCF Transfer Scholarship.
To be considered, you must:
- Submit a UCF Transfer Scholarship Application by the published deadline
- Transfer to UCF with an A.A. degree from a Florida public community/state college during the Fall 2016 semester
- Have a minimum cumulative 3.5 GPA by the scholarship application deadline
- Enroll full-time at UCF for the Fall 2016 semester
Qualified applicants can receive the UCF Transfer Scholarship only once. Dual enrollment students earning their AA and high school diploma at the same time do not qualify for this scholarship, but will automatically be considered for a UCF freshman scholarship based upon academic credentials.
For more information on this award, contact the Scholarship Coordinator at email@example.com.
2016 All Florida Academic Team Scholarship (AFAT)
UCF offers two AFAT awards depending on a student’s team designation as determined by the Florida Department of Education and Phi Theta Kappa.
To confirm your 2016 AFAT eligibility, please review the list published by PTK and locate your team and name. (If you’re not listed as a team member, you are ineligible for these awards.) Once your status is confirmed, please contact the Scholarship Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to adhere to the following criteria:
- This award is contingent upon the successful completion of an AA degree from a Florida public community college or state college with a minimum 3.5 cumulative GPA and your initial first time enrollment at UCF for the Fall 2016 semester. Once awarded, this scholarship is subject to renewal each year.
- You must be designated an All Florida Academic Team member.
- You must complete an Undergraduate Admissions application and be offered admission to UCF by July 1, 2016.
- You must begin full-time enrollment at UCF beginning Fall 2016.
- The Office of Student Financial Assistance must receive the completed results of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid by June 1, 2016.
- You must accept your scholarship online through myUCF by August 8, 2016.
- You may only receive one scholarship from the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
More Scholarship Opportunities
Check the Office of Student Financial Assistance’s Scholarship Listings regularly, as well as any individual UCF colleges, departments or organizations you are interested in joining.
Other resources include free online scholarship search engines such as fastweb.com.
Estimated 2015-2016 Annual Cost*
|Tuition & Fees||$6,407|
|Room & Board||$9,764|
|Tuition & Fees||$22,504|
|Room & Board||$9,764|
*Based upon 30 credit hours, standard room, and meal plan
Out-of-State and Other Tuition Waivers
There are a number of waivers that the university offers that may apply to you. Please check with the Office of Student Financial Assistance for information on eligibility and requirements for Out-of-State Waivers. Information on other benefits is available through UCF Student Account Services or the UCF Veterans Academic Resource Center.
Residency for Tuition Purposes
The Office of Undergraduate Admissions makes initial residency determinations for new incoming undergraduate applicants. For specific information regarding the State of Florida requirements for residency determination for tuition purposes, please refer to the Florida Board of Governors website.
Scholarship Application Tips
- Get started early! The application cycle for many of these awards begins one year or more in advance of college enrollment.
- Learn as much as you can about as many awards as possible.
- You do not need to be a perfect match for the award to apply.
- Submit a concise, professional inquiry.
- Submit a completed application.
- Make your search an annual cycle. Many awards may be available one year and not the next. Once you receive an award, stay informed about it to see if it is renewable.
- Follow up. Keep copies of all correspondence.
- Check deadlines. Double-check that your application was received.
- Students with residency status for tuition purposes marked “Pending” will not be considered for merit scholarships.
How can I improve my chances of receiving a scholarship?
A strong academic record in high school and a competitive ACT or SAT score are factors in choosing scholarship recipients, but timing is key. Applying early means there are more scholarship opportunities available to you, so apply during your senior year from September to November.
We also value leadership, extracurricular activities and community service, but no single factor guarantees or excludes you from getting a scholarship. We consider each applicant on an individual basis.For more Frequently Asked Questions visit our FAQs section