Welcome to UCF. As a newly admitted student, you’ll want to start planning for your transition to UCF right away. Here is a list of next steps to help make your first days at UCF easier.
Students may secure their offer of admission by following the instructions below.
- Submit your Enrollment Deposit Form and non-refundable $200 enrollment deposit online by logging into myUCF (freshmen only). Click on: Student Self Service > Undergraduate Admissions > Application Status in the left navigation to submit your completed form and the deposit. Once you enroll, the enrollment deposit will be applied as a credit to your student account.
- Search for scholarships and seek out financial aid opportunities.
- Sign up for Knight’s E-Mail. This is the only e-mail system UCF uses and the only way we will communicate with you on official university business.
- Register for Orientation.
- Explore housing options and meal plans. Did you know that UCF research shows that there is a 10.2% increase in graduation rates for those students that live in on-campus housing for at least one year?
- Purchase a parking decal.
- If you are a Florida resident for tuition purposes and your residency status is marked PENDING, please complete the Florida Residency Declaration Form. Students classified as PENDING or NON-FLORIDA will be charged out-of-state tuition and fees.
- Prior to registration, you must submit a completed immunization form provided by UCF Health Services. The immunization policy and form may be downloaded from the Student Health Services website. Web-only students must contact UCF Health Services at 407-823-3707.
- Florida Bright Futures Recipients: You must notify the State of Florida Office of Student Financial Assistance (OSFA) that you will be attending UCF. Visit OSFA’s website and log in using the State Scholarships and Grants User ID and PIN. This User ID and PIN was included in an acknowledgement correspondence, which was generated upon completion of the Florida Financial Aid Application.
- To stay informed on your “next steps”, visit myUCF often throughout the year and review our “Next Steps” information sheet for Freshmen or Transfer or UCF Online students.
Out-of-State Waiver Information
Florida high school graduates who do not meet requirements for Florida Residency for Tuition Purposes, but who do meet the following conditions, are eligible for a waiver of out-of-state tuition and fees as dictated by F.S. 1009.26(12)(a):
1. Attended a secondary school in this state for 3 consecutive years immediately before graduating from a high school in this state;
2. Apply for enrollment in an institution of higher education within 24 months after high school graduation; and
3. Submit an official Florida high school transcript as evidence of attendance and graduation.
The waiver is applicable for 110 percent of the required credit hours of the degree or certificate program for which the student is enrolled.
A student who is granted an out-of-state fee waiver under this subsection is not eligible for state financial aid, which includes Bright Futures.
Note: Eligible students must apply for this waiver by the first day of classes. The form can be found HERE.