Top 10 Knights
UCF’s Top 10 Knights program is an initiative launched to recognize student academic achievement in high school and to provide Florida students and families with more certainty regarding the UCF admission process. The University’s commitment to all Top 10 Knights is to provide a healthy environment for student success and engagement, and to guarantee housing in our residence halls (if you submit a completed housing application by May 1). Living on campus provides unparalleled university connections and supports a 10.2% higher graduation rate for those who live on campus at least one year versus those who do not. To qualify, you must meet all of the requirements below.
- You must currently attend a Florida high school.
- You must have a numerical rank in the top 10% of your senior class. Your official transcript must show your student rank number and the total number of students in your class. If your school does not rank, or provides a percentile rank only, a minimum GPA of 3.9 (based on UCF’s recalculated academic core GPA) is required to qualify.
- You must earn a minimum score of 1010 (Critical Reading + Math) on the old SAT (tests administered prior to February 2016) or 1090 (Evidence-based Reading and Writing + Math) on the rSAT (tests administered March 2016 and beyond) or ACT score of 21.
- You must submit a completed application and provide all required documentation to the UCF Office of Undergraduate Admissions by January 15.
- You must have successfully completed at least 4 units of approved academic core math by the end of your senior year.
Admission to UCF is guaranteed by meeting ALL of the above-mentioned requirements. Admission is not guaranteed to a specific semester, but will be granted to one of our three term options: Summer, Fall or Spring.
If you qualify for Top 10 Knights and apply for admission by the January 15 deadline, you will be notified of your admission to UCF by March 1.
Top 10 Knights FAQ’s
Q. If I don’t rank in the top 10% of my high school senior class, but I still have strong academic credentials, can I still be admitted to UCF?
Q. Do I have to apply for Top 10 Knights?
A. No. You should submit your application normally through our website. Keep in mind that the deadline to be considered for the Top 10 Knights program is January 15. The Admissions Committee will then determine if you meet the requirements of this program.
Q. Who is eligible for Top 10 Knights?
A. First time in college students who currently attend a Florida high school are eligible for consideration.
Q. I am homeschooled. Can I qualify?
A. If you are homeschooled in the State of Florida, yes. You must provide a homeschooled transcript, in addition to the above-mentioned criteria by the January 15 deadline to be considered.